Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!

Can I just say that I feel so overwhelmed!! I just feel like I am in an eternal valley, I can see the mountains up ahead, but I just can't seem to ever make it to them. It is like every time I feel like I am getting my footing again, I get the floor jerked out from under me and down I go!!

What an interesting way to start a blog post, right? I just really need a chance to vent. I mean I am sure that at least some of my readers have felt the same way, like it just seems that one thing after another falls on them?

I recently had a conversation with a friend. We were talking about a medical issue that has come up in my family. She was asking me how this person was feeling and I was updating her on what was going on. We then got to talking about how so many things are always happening to people, more some than others, when she said, "I believe God only gives the most difficult battles to his strongest soldiers."  She said it as an encouragement and I have to say that it was.  I often feel like our family has really been "put through the ringer" so to speak.  It just seems as if every time the phone rings it is some more "bad" news.  In fact, I often feeling like just letting the phone ring. I just don't even want to answer and find out what is waiting at the other end of the line.

It is easy to say have faith, that all things have a purpose, that God has a plan in what is going on when it is not you things are happening to. I find that when you have to wear those shoes, it makes a huge difference in how you see things.  It will also make you see that those comments are not always welcome. Are they true, yes, but not always what you need to hear at the time.  I can think back to so many things that people have said to me trying to be helpful, when in fact they were being hurtful. Oh, they didn't mean to be, they had just never experienced anything like it before.  I think sometimes it is better to just say I'm sorry/I'm praying for you and go on.  We don't have to try and justify what has happened/is happening with our comments. 

I know that each new day will bring its own set of circumstances, some good/some bad, and that all I can do is to take them and deal the best I can.  Some days that may mean all I can do is cry, others I may be able to function and get through the day in one piece.  We all have different ways of dealing with things, I find that just having something to laugh at each day helps me. To find the humor in something is my stress relief and helps make each day more bearable.

I know we all have times we feel overwhelmed, that is just life, but we can find ways to help us deal with each problem. 




"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"


No comments:

Post a Comment