Friday, July 3, 2015

The Contoversy of the Confederate Flag

I am sure by now you have heard about this huge mess involving the Confederate flag. I just felt as if I had to deal with this issue in not one, but two separate post. Today I will deal with the controversy about the flag. This post will be short and to the point, but I still feel that it needs addressing.


 

In school we are taught that this flag was flown by a group of men fighting to keep their slaves.
 
 
 
  That these men were willing to die to make sure that their free labor stayed on the plantation and worked until they died.

 
 



We know  that it is being used by men and women who believe that the white race is better than any other. That they have chosen this flag as a symbol for their organization and for what they believe in.


 
 
I can understand how a person, after being taught so much bad about a flag and seeing so many people use it for their own evil, could find it to be offensive. I think about how many things I have seen or been exposed to that I have found offensive over my lifetime. 
 
Can I just let you know that the Confederate flag is not a symbol of hatred, but one of heritage.  I am sure you will not believe that statement, but I ask you to take the time to educate yourself. Please don't just believe everything you are told. Do not allow yourself to be indoctrinated by today's PC crowd. My next blog will be on the flag it self and what it really and truly means and I hope you will take the time to read it and maybe even learn something new.

 

 
 
 
 
 
"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment