Saturday, October 3, 2015

September Challenge

It took a little while to come up with an idea for a challenge for this month. I wanted it to be something that I felt I was actually able to accomplish without giving up and to be something I needed to form a habit for. So I decided to make this months challenge about my skin.

I have always been slack when it came to really taking care of my face. I am the one who will go to bed with make-up on and wake up in the morning with raccoon eyes. When I was a little girl I remember watching my grandmother use Oil of Olay every night before bed and I remember her looking much younger than she actually was. I don't know if it was the cream or just good genes (which I hope I inherited) that made her look so young. Now that I have gotten a little older I see the importance of being good to my skin. I have tons of creams, scrubs and rinses, but just never really use any of them. So starting the first of this month I decided to make cleaning, toning and treating a part of my daily habit, or at least I plan too. I guess we will see how all that works out at the end of the month.

Here it goes!!!

I guess I should start out by explaining what I decided to do. Each morning I would wash, tone, moisturize and use my eye firming creme. Each night I would use my eye makeup remover (if necessary), wash, tone and use my night creme. I have to admit the habit was so hard to get into. I mean twice a day for 30 days made 60 times I had to commit to something. Out of 60 times I only missed four. Once was in the morning, I was so busy I just forgot. The other three were at night and I was just totally exhausted and wiped out.


My morning routine

My nightly routine

My eye make-up remover




After comparing my before and after pictures I can say that I see a little bit of difference in the look of my skin, but I can tell that there is a difference in how it feels. My husband says my skin feels softer and smoother and he would know.

The following are my before/after pics. The first thing I noticed is that I look slimmer, which is explained by the fact that I have lost about 5 pounds between these two pictures (homeschooling is apparently a good diet plan.) The second thing I notice is that the bags under my eyes look less and my skin does look "fresher".


                                                                                                                       
             
                 Before                                                                                                                 After

Overall the experience was interesting, challenging and one I am glad that I decided to do. Hopefully my new found routine will become a habit. I think so many of us "moms" are always so busy looking after others, that we often forget about ourselves. If doing a short five minute facial routine twice a day makes us feel better, then why not do it. I mean who else is going to take care of us?





"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"






No comments:

Post a Comment