Saturday, November 12, 2016

What Happens Now?

Now that the election is over you would think things would be back to normal. On one hand there are no more political ads, phone calls or flyers in my mail box and I say, "Praise the Lord for that!". When I, a very political person, feels it is out of control then you know it is. I was hoping that life would go back to its normal state after it was all over, but I should have known better.

I have been thinking back to eight years ago and four years ago when Barack Obama became our President elect.  I remember the next day being sad and disappointed, but I got up and went about my normal everyday life. I never went out and attacked people. I never went out and burned my city to the ground. I never went out and destroyed other people's property. I just got up and continued on with my life. I continued to pray for the safety and well being of our country. I prayed for President as I have always done.  

I never needed a safe space, a therapy dog, group hugs, or crayons to express my feelings.  I didn't sign up for support groups or counseling. I didn't need to. You see, I am a grown up, mature woman. I am not a whiny little cry baby that throws a tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

When I see all these protesters, some who are paid and others who are just blind to the truth, displaying themselves in such a fashion it only confirms what I already knew. Somewhere out there are parents and college professors who are raising a generation of Feminazi women and emasculated men.  They want the women to be masculine and the men to be feminine.  News flash: I can get a lot more done by being a woman than I can by acting like a man. There is so much I can say on this matter, but I will save that for another post.

Back to what happens now. I believe a series of several things need to take place.

1. Our current President needs to go on the news and tell the protesters that the election is done, there is nothing they can do to change the matter and they need to cease and desist. He talked about a peaceful transition of power, but his words do not match his actions. He must condemn what is going on and demand an end to this violence.

2. The news media needs to stop showing these riots and giving these people attention. They also need to stop the race baiting.  They just keep talking about how white America voted for Trump. How this election was a white lashing. How men turned out to vote for Trump. They need to tell the truth that people of both genders and all races voted for him.

3. Hillary Clinton needs to do the same as the others. She needs to stand up, condemn what is going on and demand the violence to stop. 

4. And the rest of us need to be on our knees praying everyday, multiple times a day for the violence to end and for the success of our President Elect.  We need to grasp the fact that if Trump is successful then America is successful. We prayed during the election and now is not the time to stop. We must do as Paul the Apostle taught us, " We must pray without ceasing!" (1 Thessalonians 5:17) 

Do I honestly believe that things will settle down? Yes I do. I believe that in time, even if the things I suggested do not take place, things will settle down. I know people are hurt and disappointed. For some people this was their first time being able to vote and I understand the pain they feel.  It was the exact way we felt both times that Obama was elected.  This election was not about male America versus female America. This election was not about minority/immigrant America versus white America. This election was not even about Democrat America versus Republican America. This election was about hard working, patriotic America versus free loading/it's all about me America.


 In 1961 John F. Kennedy made his inaugural speech and the most famous line was, "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."   I honestly believe that we have left that ideal behind and embraced the opposite, "ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you?" and that my friends is a sad, heartbreaking state to be in. 





"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?" 






No comments:

Post a Comment