Friday, December 28, 2018

Saying Hello

Losing a pet is an extremely difficult thing to go through. It doesn't matter if you have had them a few months or many years, the loss still hurts. I often looked at our Dixie like another child and a part of our family. When she passed away I could still hear her walking through the house, laying in her spot on the couch and standing at the door waiting to get in. I knew in my heart I needed another dog and I prayed each day that God would send us just the right one for our family and within just a few weeks he did.  
 
We visited a couple of local shelters, but not a single dog "spoke" to us. It was a few days later after checking the local humane society's website multiple times a day, we saw a face that we just couldn't forget. We made a trip to visit and fell in love with a tiny little puppy they were calling Shelby. She had been dumped on the roadside , in a trash bag, with her brothers and sisters when they were a week old and had been in foster care since then. We felt like she was the perfect dog for us, but we had no idea how perfect until she settled into our family.  We decided to call her Mocha Joy because her coloring looked like coffee after creamer was added. The vet believes she is Boston Terrior/Chihuahua/French Bulldog mix, but I think she believes she is part Pit Bull. She is protective and fierce when she has to be, but loving and gentle the rest of the time.  

Why did we get another dog you may ask?

Companionship was the biggest reason for me. I really missed that little fur baby running around the house and keeping me company.  I thought it would be interesting to see how others felt about dog ownership and I found the following blog spot that explains it perfectly. 

https://barkpost.com/discover/17-reasons-why-a-dog-would-make-your-life-more-awesome/











I am so very thankful that we waited and let God send us the perfect addition to our family. We still miss our Dixie and Mocha will never take her place, but having her has made the loss easier to bear and filled that empty place in my heart (except for that tiny space that will always be for Dixie).


"That's my 'two cents worth', what's yours?" 







No comments:

Post a Comment