Saturday, December 28, 2013

Happy New Year!! Our year in review

Man oh man, can I just say what a year 2013 has been!! For any of you who have been reading my blog over the last few months you know that it has been one more year for us.  I wish I could say we have had a great and wonderful year, but we haven't. Please don't take that statement the wrong way or get angry with me for it, but honestly the year as a whole has been a real struggle.  The first of the year started off like most of the others, no major issues or things going on. I was having some difficulty in knowing what God wanted us to do about a certain thing in our lives, but for the most part we were just going on with the day to day stuff.

 My husband was working full time, the girls were in school and I was babysitting during the week for a cute little almost one year old.  I guess you could say things were pretty much going along a normal path for us.  Then very suddenly and unexpectedly my uncle Billy passed away on Good Friday. It was quite the blow to our family and very difficult to handle. I am so glad to know that he was saved and I will get to see him again one day in Heaven.

About one month after his passing I discovered I was pregnant again (for the fifth time). My husband and I were both so excited, my last two pregnancies had ended in miscarriage and we just knew everything was going to be fine.  We decided to wait and tell everyone after our 12 week check up had passed, but unfortunately we did not make it that far. I miscarried our baby, who I named Quinn,  one day before my 12 week exam.  It was a heart wrenching time for us and one that I am still dealing with today.

 It was just a few weeks later that my aunt was diagnosed with Ovarian/Colon cancer and then three weeks after that our daughter was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  Let me just tell you, I was starting to really be able to get a  feeling for  what poor old Job went through.  I was unable to deal with the loss of our baby because I had to put the focus on my daughter and taking care of her.  I am not sure if that was a good or bad thing. I do know that the Lord has a plan for all things and he worked it out just as he wanted it to be.  Now we have been through Chemo and all other kinds of treatments and test and the Lord has been faithful and walked with us the entire way.

  My Aunt is doing great and goes in for surgery in January. We are praying that she will continue to improve everyday and be back to good health in no time. Unfortunately my mother and her siblings did lose a sister  back in November.  My Aunt  "Gertie" passed away very suddenly and is missed greatly by us all.  Our family get together this year just was not the same without her.


  I guess over all the year hasn't been completely bad. Our daughter was declared cancer free after four months of treatment.  I would say that was a great way to end the year and also the highlight of our 2013. I can tell you that our year has been filled with ups and downs and there have been many times I felt as if I were on a roller coaster ride that I could not get off of. I mean have you ever been on a ride that you just couldn't wait to end, I have physically and figuratively. As a child growing up I remember hearing people around me always saying, "Don't wish your time away, it is something you can never get back." Well, let me tell you I will be glad to wish 2013 good-bye and to only have the memories of it to look back on. So here to is to looking forward to 2014 and hoping and praying that it brings continued blessings for our daughter and my aunt. I also hope that it brings blessings on our entire family and yours.



"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"





No comments:

Post a Comment