Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions? Yes or No?

Ok, who makes resolutions? I guess at some point in our lives we all do.  I have been doing some thinking about resolutions and my failure to keep them over the years. It is always the same old things that you plan to do, but never manage to accomplish. Well this year I have decided not to make any resolutions!!  To me making a resolution is to much like making a vow and to me a vow is something that should never be broken. So, instead of making resolutions I have decided that they are some areas in my life that I do need to make some changes in. 


Area #1:
 I need to strive to do better in my Christian walk and life. I often feel that I fail in this area.  I want to make sure that I put aside time each day for devotions with my family. We should have time each night to sit together as a family and read the Bible. I also need to sit aside time for my own personal devotions. I want to spend more time each day on my own in the word of God learning about him. I also need to increase the time I spend in prayer. I have often prayed for things and then just stopped, but this year I plan to continue taking those requests to God. I need to take more time in witnessing for the Lord. My own personal goal is to pass out a tract for everyday next year. I have tried doing it many times, but never was able to accomplish that goal, this year I am going to try even harder to do it. My goal for 2014 is that  I want to make sure that I am being all that I can and doing all that I can for the Lord.

Area #2:
I need to take better care of myself. I read somewhere that if you do something everyday for two weeks it becomes habit. I do not know if that is true, but I was thinking it was worth a shot anyway.  The other day I was looking at myself in the mirror and the first thought I had was, "You look like a tired, old woman!". I decided then that I was no longer going to take my skin for granted. I have always been one of those women who would just come home and go to sleep with my makeup on and wake up looking like a raccoon. Well not anymore, I have decided to start taking better care of my face, after all it is the only one I will ever have, I can't afford plastic surgery. I am also planning to start exercising at least three time a week. I got really behind in that when my daughter was in the hospital and I need to get back to it. I still need to watch what I eat and try to eat healthier, but I'm not going to let that number on the scale define who I am. I have two daughters looking at me stressing over that stupid number and it is just not worth it. I want to be healthy and happy with how I look and pass that on to my daughters.

Area #3:
I need to do better with saving money. Most of y'all know that I am a penny pincher as some call it. I have been called a cheap stake and many other things by my family.  It is not that I can not buy things, I just flat out refuse sometimes. That being said, yes I use coupons and yes I have so much each month to go into a special savings account, but I still falter at the savings game.  My main goal in this area this year is to set up and keep a budget.  I have tried so many times and have falling flat on my face, but this year is going to be different. I have been following a particular blog for about two years now and she has a complete plan for budgeting, it is couponingtodisney.com(I have inserted a link to those of you who would like to take a look). I know that this year is going to be full of doctor appointments for my daughter and also doctor bills, but I still plan on trying my best to be able to coupon like I should, make sure everything is paid and still have a little to put back for our savings.


"That's my 'two cents worth', what's yours?"















No comments:

Post a Comment