Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lessons from the snow

I just wanted to take a few minutes to talk about the "huge" snow we got last week (that I mentioned in my blog a couple of weeks ago).  Well we did get that amazingly huge snowstorm. In fact, we got almost 9 inches of snow at our house. I wasn't looking forward to it (I guess you may have figured that out from my last post). You see, I am really looking forward to spring, it has been a long, cold winter and I am in real need of sunshine. Even though I was not looking forward to it, we decided to make the most of the situation. We made snow creme again and did lots and lots of sledding. We have a pretty good hill in our backyard so we got the lid to our turtle sandbox and had a great time as a family.  I learned three important lessons from last weeks snow:

1. The good Lord knows what we need and he gives it to us. It could be lots of different things or just a snow storm to let us spend some time together.

2. There is always things to do as a family. I think we get so wrapped up in day to day living that we forget to be with our loved ones.  It was so much fun to get out there and play in the snow with the girls. Even my husband got into the fun of it.  I couldn't remember the last time I had so much fun, even if I did get thrown off  our sled more than once.

3. Sometimes we just need to take it slow.  There is nothing like a good snow in North Carolina to slow life to a complete halt.  Around these parts 9 inches of snow doesn't happen every year and when it does, life here stops. Everyone tries to prepare as best they can because you never know if you could lose power and that is not a good thing.  It was so good to spend a couple of slow days with my family. It was exactly what we needed (see lesson #1).



"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"


(Our pristine snowy landscape) 


(....and the beautiful sunshine that followed the storm.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment