Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Part 2

It has been five weeks since I wrote the first part of this blog. I have to say I have been super slack in writing anything, because I have been spending time with my kids and enjoying the few days of pretty weather we have had here.

When I wrote the first part of this on March 10th I was down 8 pounds and I am now happy to report I am down a grand total of 13 pounds. I met the goal that Weight Watchers set for me, so I decided to increase it by 3 more pounds. That may not sound like much to anyone, but losing 16 pounds total would put me down
ten percent of my body weight.  I had heard somewhere that ten percent was a pretty important achievement so I decided to research it out. According to the OAC (Obesity Action Coalition) losing 5-10 percent of your body weight can significantly alter your health for the better.

http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/resource-articles-2/general-articles/benefits-of-5-10-percent-weight-loss

Just watching what you eat is not enough, you have to maintain an appropriate exercise program that will not only help you continue to lose, but to keep off what you have already lost.  I often hear people complain about being overweight, unfit or unhealthy. I do not care to hear people's excuses!!! I know  that there are medical conditions that people have that prevent weight loss. My husband suffers from hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) and it has been impossible for him to lose weight. The best that he has been able to do is just maintain the place he is at.  Some people however will moan and complain about their weight, size or how unhealthy they are, but they are not willing to do anything about it.  Years ago I never even gave being healthy a second glance, but now I need to take the time to take care of myself. I need to do all that I can to try and stick around for my family.  I want to see my children grow up and live their lives to the fullest. If that means giving up a few foods that I love and dedicating some more of my time to exercise, then so be it.  I have just a few more weeks left with the Weight Watchers program, hopefully I can hit my "new goal" and continue to maintain it.  We need to get healthy if not for ourselves than for our loved ones.  Summer is coming people, it is time to get off the coach and get it moving.

"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"




No comments:

Post a Comment