Monday, May 11, 2015

Why Frozen is so popular

So, I have gotten way behind in my blogging, but it seems that since we returned from Disney that life has been going crazy (a blog for another time). I am trying to catch up on my writing, since I have so many ideas and really need to get them on paper. Today I thought I would tackle a question that I hear lots of people asking. In 2013 Disney released the movie Frozen and honestly I beleive it has exceeded all the limits that Disney imagined for it. While we were at Disney World I saw lots of little Annas and Elsas and if you wanted to meet the princesses you had best have a fast pass to make it happen. We did have one for 8 at night, it was the first we could get, but the only fast pass I really had to have. So back to the question I hear all the time.

So, why is Frozen so popular?

 It's a cartoon, I mean who doesn't love a good cartoon. I remember fighting with my brothers on Saturday morning to see who was going to get control of the television. We all loved Saturday morning television. They had the best cartoons, especially Looney Tunes, and that is how we spent our Saturdays.

It has those really catchy songs. Even now I still catch myself belting out "Let it Go" or "In Summer". The songs are some of the best I have heard from Disney and they just kind of get stuck in your head.

It has a villian that you just love to hate. I mean, who would have ever thought that he would have turned out to be the bad guy. I will not give anything away, just in case their are some people out there who have not seen it yet.

 It has an amazing storyline. Two sisters who just adore each other and then all of sudden one day they lose that. I know there were circumstances that got in the way,but that is life. If Elsa would have just been honest with Anna things would have definately went different. I think that is the case for all of us, we often leave things unsaid in families and we just fall away from one another. If we would just take the time to talk and listen we could learn about and help each other.

It is not only children that love the movie, but adults as well, most likely the women love it best. Which brings me to the point of why I just adore this movie and I believe so many other adult women love it too. I think Elsa is sort of like all of us.

I bet you wonder why I think that? Let me take just a few minutes to explain myself.

I believe that Elsa is like all of us mainly because she has to keep a secret that is eating her up inside. All of us have something that we will not share with others. Perhaps like Elsa we feel that our family and friends will not understand. That they will criticize or put us down for how we feel. Elsa felt as if she could not tell Anna what was going on and I think we all have that at times. I also feel connected to Elsa in that I just want to be free. I just want a place to be for me and only me. A place to go where I can be who I am without fear of judgment. A place to cry and weep if I need to. A place where I don't have to explain myself to anyone. Of course my place would be somewhere warm and tropical, the one way I differ from Queen Elsa. I believe that Elsa calls to us all in that she just felt overwhelmed and couldn't control herself. I think she felt like life was just dragging at her like it does us.  It is very important for us all to have time alone. That time to unwind and just "Let it Go". The things of life drag at us everyday and if we don't take the time to get it out of our system all of it will overtake us causing us to loss our sense of self.

Elsa was finally able to work through her problem and let her secret out. We may never be able to reveal that thing we are hiding from the world and we may never want to, but we must find us a place and a time to just be alone. We need it to clear our minds and help us get through the everyday things of life.



 


"That's my 'two-cents worth, what's yours?"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment