Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Where is your Treasure?

Matthew 6:21(KJV)

 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.


The other night during church our pastor was preaching and he brought out this verse. He said, "That we should focus on having treasure in heaven and not trying to keep up with our neighbors. All that means is that we should not put so much emphasis on material things, but put it on heavenly things. Of course having things is not bad. We all must have shelter, clothing, food, etc., these are all necessary things, but it still got my brain to pondering. 

It got me to thinking, "Where is my treasure?".  
Before I could answer that I had to answer this question, "What is my treasure?".  

I immediately thought about my husband, my children, my family.  I think it may be hard to understand how people can be treasures, but they are.  I can not imagine my life without them and I hope and pray that we are all together someday in Heaven. A small part of my treasure is already there, my grandparents, 3 children and extended family. Some I knew for my whole life and some I never even got the chance to meet. 

I have other treasures in Heaven. I hope to meet those who I have been an positive influence on, those who I was able to show the love of Christ too. I can not wait to meet those who were saved and went on years before me. Most of all I looked forward to meeting Jesus, for he is the greatest treasure in all the world. 

I have to admit there are times that I get bogged down by all the stuff in life and I lose focus of the really important things. I start to put to much emphasis on material things. It is at these times I have to step back and remind myself that our material belongings will someday rot and fade away, but the things we have in heaven are forever. 

Maybe it is time for all of us to answer the questions, "What is my treasure?". "Where is my treasure?". By doing so, perhaps just maybe, we can get a new perspective of our own lives and the things that really matter. 






"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"

No comments:

Post a Comment