Monday, September 7, 2015

Fall: My favorite season

I have been seeing lots of these memes about fall: what it means to people, how many days to different fall activities.

Here a some of the reasons fall is my favorite:

  • The mornings/nights are just cool enough for sweaters, but the days are still just right for t-shirts. 
  • The leaves change and show off all their beautiful colors.
  • We take a little day trip up to the mountains to see all that beautiful fall foliage. 
  • It is fair time!! We have a tradition of going to the fair with the kids. The kids love the rides, but us adults live for the food!
  • Sitting around the fire pit roasting marshmallows while wrapped up in blankets.
  • We take our annual family fall vacation. It is only for a few days,but we so look forward to the little break we get. (This year we are heading to the beach!)
  • Our annual trip to the big flea market in Virginia for my husband and I. It is just one of our little trips for the two of us. 
  • The return of all my favorite television shows: Once Upon a Time, Castle, Bones, there are just too many to name.
  • Day trips as a family. This year we are attempting a visit to our local Renaissance Fair. 
  • Family pictures are always made this time of year. 
  • We go to the Make-A-Wish walk to raise money to help other children get their dream wish. 
  • There is the annual shopping trip with my church ladies. 
  • Thanksgiving!! I love spending time with family
  • Veterans Day!
There are a two things about Fall that I don't look forward to:

  • September brings the anniversary of my grandpa's death. It will be 4 years this year. 
  • October brings the Walk to Remember. This day is difficult as we take the steps our precious babies never will. 

Overall Fall is my favorite season, even with the tears it brings. I look forward to this time of year and enjoy spending time with my family as the days get shorter and the nights get longer.



"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"

No comments:

Post a Comment