Saturday, December 19, 2015

Remembering Them

Any of you that have been following this blog for any amount of time know the story of our three little babies that we lost to miscarriage. This time of year it seems that their memory hits me even harder. It is very difficult to get together with family/friends/church family. I imagine how each one would have fit into our lives so perfectly. I see the other little ones that are the same age and think about how they would have all played together. It brings up many triggers for my grief.

I have found some ways to help with that grief and one is giving to others. Every year we do Operation Christmas Child or Angel Tree or some other organization to help out kids. I enjoy being able to give back and bless others as God has blessed us.




I was trying to think of something to do for each of the babies this year. I have this little memorial garden (still a work in progress) for them. It is a place I go to visit with them and just spend a little quiet time. I had thought about buying something special for their garden, but I just wasn't sure. I went to bed one night a couple of weeks ago thinking about it and discussed it with my husband.  The next morning I woke up with a wonderful idea.  

After a couple of days thinking it over and praying about it I thought I had figured out what I wanted to do. Before I had a chance to talk it over with my husband a letter came in the mail and I knew it was God telling us what we needed to do. I was such a simple idea, but one I knew was the right one. 

You see, when I found out I was pregnant with each child, all 5 of them, I prayed that each one would make a difference in this world. I prayed that God would use them to be the good in this world and to lead others to him.  I still pray that for my two living children. It is not always easy to see the good, even though it is there. I want my girls to be the good they want to see in the world.

In going along with that thought I came to this conclusion. Even though my three babies can not be here to be the good they want to see in the world, I can use their memory to do it for them.  My husband and I decided that starting this year we will have a new Christmas tradition. Every year we will choose one charity and make a donation in memory of August, Kate and Quinn.  We will research and pray for God to show us which charity our donation should go to. I know that by doing this not only will we be helping others and ourselves, but it will also make sure that my children are always remembered.  

I would like to tell you about this years charity, Arts for Life.  This program is near and dear to us as it was a big part of our lives when Grace was going through her chemo treatments. They have volunteers who go into patient rooms and do art projects with them. They also have a special room in the hospital for patients to do art when they are able leave their rooms. I have put a link to their website so you can learn a little more about them and if the Lord leads you to, make a donation to them so others kids can benefit too. 


I know that many of us are missing a  loved one this year. It could be someone we lost recently or that has been gone for many years. What better way to remember and honor them, than to make a donation to a charity or cause that was dear to their hearts? 



"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's your's?"





No comments:

Post a Comment