Saturday, August 20, 2016

Bucket List: Part 3 (Summer 2016)

Ready or not the month of June has come! This is the sixth month (half way through the year)and I am currently sitting at eight things crossed off my list (two items ahead of schedule).

I had planned to knock a couple of things of my list this month, but with everything going on it may not be so easy. You would think that the summer months would be the easiest time to accomplish things, but with school getting out, church functions and family time I am guessing my bucket list will get pushed to the back burner, but I am going to do my best to check off some things.

We started with not checking off an item, but working towards that check off. It has always been a dream of mine to visit all 50 states.  At the beginning of June I was sitting at 17 states visited and now at the first of July I stand at 21 states visited. I am trying my best to figure out a way to be at 25 by the end of this year (here's to dreaming),

Our summer vacation was a true family road trip. We went through 9 states in seven days. I was able to check four more states of my list. I hope that y'all have enjoyed reading the series I have written on that adventure.










So now we are in July and I am still working towards that list.  I have something in the works for next month that will allow me to cross off a one more state and check off a bucket list item at the same time.

Well here we are in August, the kids are back in school and I thought it would be a perfect time to finish up this post. To celebrate turning the big 40 my husband gave me and our girls a trip to NYC.  My Mama went along with us and the trip was amazing. We took a bus up to the city, saw the Statue of Liberty, the 911 museum, took the girls to the American Girl Store and stayed in the heart of Time Square. We had one free day so we went to the very top of the Empire State Building, stopped off at the NYC public library, did some shopping and saw Central Park.

Getting to see Lady Liberty is something I have wanted to do since I was a small child and I finally got to check that off.  I will be writing a separate post on that trip but here is a little sneak peek picture for you.




I have to say that the summer has been full of adventures and excitement and I hate to see it end, but these kids have to get an education.  As far as my Bucket List goes, I should and wanted to have eight things crossed off by now. I am happy to report that I have 9  things crossed off, so I am still ahead of schedule. I have made some leeway in two other things, but not marked them off completely.  Of course, everything on the list can't be checked off this year, but I still have lots that can be done. Here's to making a life that counts and living everyday to it's fullest.  


"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"





No comments:

Post a Comment