Saturday, December 31, 2016

Another year done: Goodbye 2016

As I sat here on this New Years Eve morning I can't help but contemplate the year that is almost over. In just a little less than 14 hours we will sweep 2016 out the door and welcome 2017 in with open arms.

Looking back over the last year I can say that there have been extreme highs like going to NYC for my 40th birthday and our 8 day/9 state road trip.










I have learned some new things and forgotten some unimportant ones. 

I have checked off many items on my bucket list, but not all of them. I need something to do in the years to come. 

I have lived the life I wanted and done the things I wanted to do. 

I have done things I never dreamed I would, some things good and some heartbreaking. 

But the one thing that gets me the most is the fact that I have said hello to some new friends and goodbye to my best friend. 

Yes, I had to say goodbye to my best friend, my Mama. I never imagined that I would learn the ins and outs of funeral planning this year.  I never imagined that I would see 2017 without her.

Yes, this year has had high moments and low moments. It has brought lots of laughter and lots of tears.  It has brought joy, sadness, anger, and fear into my daily life. It has made me question so many things about myself and that is actually a good thing. It would be really bad to go through an entire year and never learn anything new about yourself or grow into a better person.


I am looking forward to the new year.

 I know that there are some big changes coming for us next year that we know about and some things that we are still uncertain how they will work out. We are just praying and asking God for guidance and for wisdom in making the right decision. I am looking forward to more bucket list check offs, more time spent with my family and more growth for myself. I have no idea what tomorrow may hold, but I know who holds tomorrow and I am putting it all in the Lord's hands.










"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"


No comments:

Post a Comment