Saturday, May 18, 2013

Messy Kids: They drive me crazy

My kids have a chore list for the week, certain things that have to be done on certain days. These chores consist of: cleaning the bathroom, feeding the dog, washing the dishes, etc.  They have one chore that is to be done everyday, cleaning their rooms.  I want you to understand that I don't mean a complete cleaning.  I have tried to explain to them if they just pick up after themselves each day, they won't have as much to do for the full cleaning on Saturday.  This seems to be a concept they can not understand!  I have always wondered why even though they said their rooms were clean, it never seemed to be true. I have come to the following conclusions on that: 

1.  Mine and their ideas of clean are completely different! 
    To me clean is a good cleaning, to them clean is lets just push it under the bed 
and hide it, Mama will never know the difference. 

2.  They have way to much stuff!!
      Honestly they have more stuff right now than I think I had my whole childhood. These kids are spoiled rotten! 

3.  They "forget" what they are supposing to be doing. 
     They always use the same excuse, I forgot.  I get so tired of hearing that, maybe I need to buy them so Ginkgo to help their memories. 

4.  They start to play and lose track of the job! 
     This happens all the time, they start to play or read and book and get so into what they are doing they don't realize how much time has passed and that the work is not done. 

The problem with cleaning is it just doesn't apply to their rooms, it affects other areas of our home: the play area (inside and out), the bathroom and our van.  I have decided that something must be done if I am to keep my sanity.  What do I plan to do?  I'm going to try a few things over the summer break.  

1.  They have got to clean out and get rid of some of their stuff and donate it.  We always do this before Christmas, but this year we are doing it early.

2.  They are going to have to do "spring cleaning", I mean from top to bottom, to get everything done. 

3.  Organization!!  "Everything has a place and everything in it's place!" is going to be our new motto. 

I know with hard work and a lot of prayer this job will get done.  I just wonder how long it will stay clean? 

"That's my "two cents worth", what's yours?"




1 comment:

  1. I like your blog, good luck with your house! Come check out my blog here is my link. http://abigaildiamondsinaheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete