Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Power of Prayer!

I haven't really talked very much about my beliefs, but today I want to share some with you.  I am a born again Christian, meaning I believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I believe he is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, died on the cross for my sins and rose again on the third day.  Eight years ago this coming August, I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me, he did and my life has never been the same.  I wanted to share this with yall before I wrote on prayer. You see prayer is a very important part of my life and I know it works.  Most people only think about prayer when someone is sick or hurting, but I know prayer can work in all types of situations.  Please don't take that statement the wrong way.  There have been times I have prayed about the "big stuff",  in fact my husband and I are praying about some "big stuff" right now. There have also been times I have prayed about the "little things", stuff that would seem insignificant to others.  For example, I remember this one time several years ago when my youngest child was in need of some new pajamas for winter (the kind with the feet in them).  As you know from my post on frugal living I hate to pay full price for anything, so I made a trip to our local goodwill and on the way I prayed that I would be able to find what she needed.  As a side note, she was also wanting a housecoat, so she could be like Mommy and Sissy, so I was praying to find one of those too.  As soon as I walked into the  childrens section I saw a little pink housecoat with the princess written on it and it was just the right size.  I was also able to find her two sets of pajamas.  You can't convince me that prayer doesn't work! 

The Bible has many verses specifically about prayer:

Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

There is nothing to "big" or to "little" to go to God about. In Thessalonians 5:17 the Bible says:  Pray without ceasing. This simply means pray at all times concerning all things. 

Of course the Bible also tells us in Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:, this means if we have sin in our hearts God will not hear our prayer.  If you are not saved the most important thing you can do today is to pray and ask Jesus to save you, that is the only prayer God will hear from a sinner. 

When we read John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. In this verse we learn that God sent his son to die for all men and that all we need to do is believe. 

In 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.), we learn that today is the day of Salvation. Please don't wait or put it off until another day. Get saved so you can spend eternity in Heaven, not Hell. 

"That's my "two cents worth", whats yours?"

* If you need more to help you understand salvation you can read what is commonly referred to as the Romans Road. It consists of the following verses: Romans 3:23Romans 6:23aRomans 6:23bRomans 10:13Romans 10:9,10
Revelation 3:20a. The following link will give you the additional information you may need for more understanding: http://www.merrill.org/kjv1611/roman_road.html

* All verses quoted in this blog were taken from the 1611 King James Version of the Holy Bible. 














































No comments:

Post a Comment