Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy Birthday America!!

First off let me apologize for the shortness of this blog, we have been on vacation and I have lots of unpacking and cleaning up to do! :)



Just a couple of days ago we celebrated the 237th birthday of our great nation.  It is a day full of backyard Bar-b-que's, parades, family get together's and of course fireworks.  It is often a time for families to go on vacation (like we did!). This day is very important to me, the birthday of my nation, my homeland.  My ancestors immigrated her in the 1600's and 1700's from Great Britain when the land was new and open.  They wanted a place to live, have a family and make a new life.  They fought for our independence in the Revolution and again against Britain in the War of 1812. I guess having such an old family history in this nation contributes to my love of country. My family has been here a long time, almost since the very beginning (later blog topic) and I love my America.  She may not always do right, but still I love her.  I'm not sure how y'all spent your 4th of July, but I hope y'all had a wonderful day. I hope you took a moment while celebrating to remember all who made it possible and everything that was done  to make and keep our nation free.

"That's my "two cents worth", what's yours?"













No comments:

Post a Comment