Monday, March 10, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey: Part 1

Last year I unfortunately gained 10 pounds while my daughter was sick and taking treatments. All that sitting around and eating hospital food really took a toll on me. That being said, I decided at the first of the year that I would make the attempt to lose that 10 pounds, plus a few more.  I started off by cutting out soft drinks and getting back to exercise. I added in twenty minutes of step aerobics about 4 times a week.  In the first three weeks I was able to lose four pounds. I was happy with that start, but still had more to go. After about five weeks I had lost five pounds but just couldn't seem to bust through that place. I had tried watching what I ate and even added in a Zumba routine four to five days a week. I was beginning to get so frustrated when my husband encouraged me to try Weight Watchers. I have to say that I had used their program in the past and was able to lose 17 pounds, but I just do not have time to do meetings each week. I found out that they had a complete online option. I checked into it and was able to sign up for three months of online service for $56.00 and my $19.00 sign up fee was waived. I figured it couldn't hurt, so I decided to give it a try. After two and a half weeks I have lost an additional 3.4 pounds, putting me at eight pounds down total. I admit the program is not the easiest to do, but each day gets a little easier. The biggest thing is just learning the program and knowing what you can and can not do. The last time I tried it you had a limited amount of points to use, but now they have added the pointsplus program that gives you extra points during the week. That way you can use a few each day if you need to. Trust me, if you try it there will be days you need the extra points. I have just a little over two months to go, I may not continue after that, but I have learned some valuable information on how and what to eat. I will do part 2 of this blog in about three or four more weeks to catch you up on my progress or to the fact I have quit, who knows which way I will go. Here's to taking care of ourselves this year!!


"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment