Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Trip of a Lifetime:Part 7

 
On our last day in Paris we were up and ready for our ride to the airport by 7 am. We made it in plenty of time and waited 2 hours for our plane to be ready. After boarding, I had a window seat, I took one last picture of the French sky (even though it was cloudy) and off we flew heading back to America. 
 Right before leaving Paris
 
The flight was uneventful, we had our meal watched two movies and did a little sleeping. After many hours in the sky our pilot informed us that we were once again over American soil. That piece of information sent a happy thrill through me. I had desperately missed my home!
 
Finally over American soil
 

 Washington DC aerial view
 
When we landed back in Charlotte we had no trouble going through security or costumes. We said goodbye to my sister-in-law as she headed off to catch her flight back to Indy. It was a sad parting for us. We had enjoyed spending the week with her. We made it to our gate and waited about 30 minutes to board. It only took about 45 minutes to make it back to our home airport. It felt like we had barely reached altitude when it was time to land.  Our limo driver was waiting for us, we picked up our luggage and headed home. When we arrived some of our wonderful friends and neighbors had created us a welcome home present. It was such a blessing and made me cry. 
 

Some sweet freinds had left us this sign and....
 
some yellow ribbons when we arrived back home.
 
I have to say Paris was a great place to visit, but I was sure glad to be home. We take so many things for granted. In America. I don't see armed soldiers as we walk the streets, there you do. In America, the dollar is good, there it is almost worthless. In America, the people are very friendly, in Paris, most of the people are unfreindly and think themselves better than us. I don't want to make you think that all people were unfriendly, we did find several people who were very helpful and kind.  I am just so glad to live in America, where I can order food and understand the people I am talking to. It was so difficult to be in a foreign city and only knowing a little bit of their language. Over all our trip was amazing and we are very thankful for the oppurtunity. We are sad that our daughter had to go through cancer,  this was her wish and we are so grateful to the Make-A-Wish foundation and to all those that donate to them, for making so many childrens wishes come true.
 
If you have ever considered donating to Make-A-Wish please do, the work they do for so many families and children is amazing. I know that Grace's cancer changed our lives forever, but so did her wish. We will always look back on it as a way for her and our family to heal after the ordeal that we all went through.

Thanks again Make-A-Wish, y'all are the best!!
 
 
 
 
"Oh the things you can find, if you don't stay behind!" ~Dr. Seuss
 
 
 
"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"

No comments:

Post a Comment