Sunday, June 5, 2016

Bucket List: Part 2

A couple of months ago I shared with y'all my plan to accomplish one thing off my bucket list for each month of 2016.  As of the end of February I had checked off three items, making me one month ahead of schedule.  Well this is just a little update for y'all on my progress and what I have done since then.

In March my youngest daughter and I signed up for and took a Bob Ross painting class. I have been wanting to take one forever and my youngest loves anything to do with painting or drawing so we went together. We had so much fun, even though it was very difficult at times and somewhat frustrating. We put our heads and hands together and made this painting.


We had such a good time and enjoyed ourselves so much!

Also in March we decided to take a little out of town trip. This was our spontaneous road trip.  We had no idea where we would end up. We just flipped a coin (about 6 days before we left) and discovered we would be heading east, which put us going toward the coast. Then we flipped the coin again to decide which part of the coast. That flip put us going toward the northern part and we stayed two nights in Kill Devils Hill. There was only one hotel that was pet friendly so that is where we stayed. Even though our trip was only for a couple of days we had such a good time. The neatest part of the whole thing was just seeing where the coin would take us. 




My oldest showing our dog Dixie the lighthouse. 
Cape Hatteras 



It was so peaceful and quiet at the beach

The Wright Brothers Memorial at Kitty Hawk



On our way home we also stopped in the small town of Bath, the oldest city in the state. This was another opportunity to check something of my bucket list. I have always wanted to visit the oldest city in my state. Bath is reported to have been one of the homes of the notorious pirate, Blackbeard.




April was  a month full of all other things so I didn't have any time to "knock" anything off my list. Hopefully May will be a month full of bucket listing.


Turns out May was a good month for bucket listing! I started off the month by walking in my first Color Run. Yes, I walked. This body is not made for running, unless something is chasing me.  Ha Ha Ha!  Anyway, several of us walked together and the money raised went to support my high school.  It felt good to not only cross off something on my list, but to also be helping my Alma Mater at the same time.


The following week was our anniversary and my husband asked me what I wanted to do and I said go shooting at an indoor gun range.  At first he was surprised, but then he got into the idea. He says that I am a pretty cool wife. I knew that was something on my bucket list and something we could do together. It was an amazing experience! We shot about 450 rounds of ammo and my shoulders were very sore the next day. 




 Just one of the targets I shot up. 

This month I also managed to get my very first story written and published. No it wasn't with a publishing house, but I wish it had been.  My daughter told me about a website that you can use to write and publish your works to the internet. Other people can read them and if the right person sees it, you could become published. This is the link if y'all would like to check out my work. The story is called The Journey. 


Already this year I have managed to cross off 8 things.  I am looking forward to what the rest of this year holds for me. I have a lot of things that I might get to check off this summer, if everything works out right.  

I know not all my things are what others would want to do and that is fine with me. We are all individuals who have our own "list".  I recently had a conversation with my oldest in which I told her, "Don't sit around and wait for life to come to you. I want you to go out, find life and grab it by the horns!"  I give the same advice to you my readers,go out and grab life by the horns, the tail,  or what ever you can catch it by. 


"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"

No comments:

Post a Comment