Monday, March 30, 2015

How We Prepared for Disney

The fact that I am writing this blog means that we have already been on our Disney vacation, that is such a sad thought. Two weeks ago we were soaking up the Florida sunshine and today we are freezing and having what I call our second winter.  I tried to tell my husband I am suffering from vacation depression, meaning I need to go back, he didn't buy it.

Anyway that is another post all by itself.  I have shared with you in a previous post about how we saved for our trip, so today I wanted to share how we prepared for our trip.

Preparing for Disney:
1. The first part of this is of course the saving. I am sure lots of people make this same trip every year and then come home to the huge bill for it that they have to pay off. We do not go every year and will not go until the trip can be paid for in full, including all spending/gas money. Here is the link to my saving post, http://mywayofthinkin.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-i-saved-for-disney.html

2. I read lots of blogs and checked out post on Pinterest to learn what to pack, bring and things to do while we were there. One blog that I follow and read almost daily is http://www.couponingtodisney.com/. Kristen always had some great tips, not just on Disney, but on how to save as well.  I also created a Pinterest board with all sorts of tips and tricks for our trip, https://www.pinterest.com/graciemoon1/our-next-disney-trip/.

3. I created a packing list for each and every member of my family. I used an example from Pinterest and adjusted it for my family. I am happy to say that I didn't forget anything, but I did over pack just a little. My excuse, you can never be to prepared. We may have needed to change clothes for some reason one day.

4.I bought lots of things to pack a snack bag.  We were on the Disney Dining plan, so we each got one snack a day at the parks. I used our packed bag for the trip to and from and also for snacks back at the hotel in the evenings. I also packed bottled water and drinks in a cooler for the trip. We took the empty bottles into the parks and filled them up at the fountains.

5. We each decided on the must do's while we were at Disney. There were rides and shows that the girls wanted to do and see. We made it a point to work our way around the park and try our best to take in all that the kids and us wanted to do. We used up our fastpasses and then made more when we could. We also did some  waiting in line, but the longest was 45 minutes so Rapunzel could sign my frying pan. I am happy to say that all the other lines were around 20 minutes, not to bad for Disney, is you ask me.



So, there you have it, the main and most important ways we prepared for our trip. I am now in the process of saving all over again for our next big trip, which is not going to be Disney. Shocked? I am sure lots of people who know me will be, but I love to travel and see new things. I do plan on returning to Disney again, but right now I feel Alaska calling my name. I am hoping and praying to be able to take that trip in 2018.


"That's my 'two-cents worth', what's yours?"







No comments:

Post a Comment